We have created this one day course in response to demands for rapid professional development of service skills to match the post Covid environment. It draws on key elements of our levy funded restaurant and wine pathways training at Team Member level.
The AIM of the 1-day Introductory course:
- Address the multi-tasking skills development needs of restaurant service staff with new wider responsibilities
- Reinforce service skills capabilities; people skills; modern communications and selling
- Incorporate post-Covid operating practices
- Broaden the skills set of the service staff to incorporate wine service and sales
- Build restaurant revenue through the potential of wine sales and customer loyalty
- Present future development opportunities for all service staff
- Meet the Wine Guild Education team
- Service staff with new additional service responsibilities
- Staff new to serving wine and alcoholic beverages
- Staff new to supervising service of wine and alcoholic beverages
- Delivered by experts in hospitality service and wine
- 4 hours tutored via Zoom or for groups at your place of work
- 2 hours familiarisation study ahead of the training
- Focus on work-place, using “In-house” Menus and Wine Lists where relevant
- Creating a good impression; service skills; wine knowledge; revenue generation
- Inspiring team work and a thirst for further improvement
FREE (normal cost £90/employee):
This course is currently offered free as our contribution to help get the industry back on its feet; of course we hope this will also lead to further levy-funded work-place training.
The course can be tailored to meet your specific training needs and delivery can be timed to match work-place schedules, possibly over more than one day. Suggested minimum group size is 5 employees to enhance group dynamic and discussions.