- Multi-Tasking:- The Versatile Service Professional
- Revenue Generation
- Building the Guest’s Experience
- Understanding Wine and Food matching
- Existing staff required to multitask across a variety of service roles
- Staff returning to work wanting a quick refresher on Restaurant service techniques
- Staff looking to build their Revenue generation skills
- Staff wanting an introduction to wine knowledge and service skills
- Supervisors and Managers looking for an introduction to wine knowledge and service skills
The course provides a focus on developing versatile hospitality service professionals. It includes taking on a broader set of service roles (including the service of wine), generating increased revenues and enhancing the guest’s experience.
- Understanding the guest (and exceeding their expectations)
- Increasing revenue spend per guest, whilst enhancing their dining experience
- Building exceptional service practices, including wine service
- Understanding the relevance of tasting wine and writing notes
- Developing an understanding of the world of wine
- Developing sound appreciation of pairing wine with food
The course content assumes no prior wine knowledge, but will build on any existing knowledge, skills and experience currently held.
Cost: The course cost is £300*.
(Employers will be able to offset costs in whole or part if enrolling staff for the Wine Guild Education Apprenticeships)
- Courses start on the first Monday of each month.
- Each course is delivered and assessed over 6 weeks.
- Each course is a blend of on-line learning, supported by guided tuition from expert tutors** during a two hour ‘Live’ Online session each week
* Course fee does not include wine tasting, but this can easily be arranged as an optional extra in the workplace, or in a virtual format, if requested.
** Our panel of tutors includes sommeliers, experienced wine educators and tutors with long hospitality industry expertise.
- Rapid foundation in wine knowledge to enable you to broaden your knowledge
- A great way of refreshing your key wine and food service skills
- Raise your awareness of the post Covid19 hospitality environment
- Gain insights into how to continue developing your skills alongside your work role
- Learn with inspirational on-line modules: study at your own pace at a time to suit you
- Specific commitment just 2 hours tuition per week for 6 weeks
- A great opportunity to link and learn with our team of Experts
- Provides a solid foundation on which to build your knowledge of wine for years to come
Our innovative virtual classroom uses Multi-Media content including:
- Live Video/Audio input
- Shared Screen activities
- Individual & Group work
- Various Quiz formats
- Tutor Support
Trainees successfully completing the course will receive a Wine Guild Education Certificate.