1 Year course for Service Professionals (6-9months delivery)
- Multi-Tasking: The Versatile Hospitality Professional
- Revenue Generation
- Enhancing the Guest’s Experience
- Wine Service & Knowledge
- Existing Hospitality Service staff needing to broaden their role to include wine service and additional service responsibilities
- New recruits needing to develop both food and wine service skills
- Staff and individuals wanting to develop their careers in hospitality
- Clear understanding of the business of hospitality
- Excellent product knowledge
- Versatility to adapt to multiple service roles
- Confidence when recommending and serving wine
- Positive attitudes to work and career prospects
- Capability for problem solving
- Taking more responsibility
- We develop understanding of the concepts behind the ‘rules’
- Delivery is flexible to fit with the needs of the workplace
- Confidence is gained through understanding and professionalism
- Tuition is tailored according to individual needs
- Learning is designed to stretch & challenge; to be fun & rewarding
The course provides a clear focus on techniques to develop the knowledge and skills of the hospitality service professional. It enables them to adapt to the needs of a broader set of service roles, including the service of wine.
- Creating a warm welcome
- Building the Ambiance of a Service Environment
- Anticipating guest needs; Exceeding expectations
- Learning how to increase revenues successfully
- Developing flexible, versatile staff able to take on wider roles
- Understanding wine & wine service
- Recognising the value of teamwork
The course is designed to meet the employer’s specific needs for training, with the focus on the development of professional standards and career progression. It fulfills the requirements of the national apprenticeship standards at Level 2, Hospitality Team Member (Wine Service Pathway).
We can provide this apprenticeship training to the value of £4,500 at a minimal cost as it can be funded either entirely through the Levy scheme, or 95% funded by government in a co-funding arrangement.
We will be happy to discuss how your training programme can be delivered at little or no incremental cost to the Employer.
- Courses can start at any time to suit the employer and their employees.
- Delivery will be alongside work and can be timed to fit around the peaks and troughs of business activities within a 1-year time-frame
- The course content will thus be delivered over 6 to 9 months. Benefits start early: Individuals are expected to apply their new knowledge and skills in the workplace as the course proceeds, and collect evidence of their progress as part of their assessment.
Our Virtual Classroom uses a range of Multi-Media based activities – These include:
- Live VIDEO/AUDIO input
- Available via PC, Laptop, Notepad or mobile phone
- Supported by one to one online tutorials
- Online Group work collaboration developing teamworking skills
- Shared screen development activities
Plus, delivered in the workplace if possible or remotely otherwise:
- Wine Tasting
- Guided learning linked to each study unit
- The Course uses a range of assessment methods to help develop and test hospitality knowledge and skills
- The Course includes an initial diagnostic to help understand each individual’s preferred styles of learning and development
- The diagnostic and one-on-one tutorials enable us to recommend the most suitable course pathway and approach for each individual
- Our focus is on appreciating concepts and applying the knowledge and skills acquired to the workplace
- We are focused on positive learning and development to build confidence and capabilities for application at work immediately.
- Final assessment involves a multi-choice question paper; a project; an observation in the workplace; and a professional discussion.
- Professional discussion will be facilitated by a portfolio of work-based evidence of your skills and knowledge reflective of the year
- The Project provides the chance to work on a hospitality project to help you develop and demonstrate applied skills and knowledge
- Certification will be the result, not the aim of this course